Brisbane Badminton Association Inc Proudly Hosts the City of Brisbane Badminton Championships 2012
The Calamvale Community Sports Centre, Hamish St, Calamvale
Saturday 12 May 2012 & Sunday 13 May 2012
Play is expected to commence at 8.15 am (each morning) and conclude by approximately 8.30 pm each day.
COLES MYER GIFT CARDS WILL BE AWARDED TO
OPEN GRADE EVENT WINNERS AS PER BELOW:
Open Mens and Ladies Singles Winner- $60 each Runner Ups - $30 each
Open Mens Doubles Winners- $40 each Runner Ups - $20 each
Open Ladies Doubles Winners- $40 each Runner Ups - $20 each
Open Mixed Doubles Winners- $40 each Runner Ups - $20 each
TROPHIES WILL BE AWARDED FOR WINNERS AND RUNNER-UPS IN A, B, C AND D GRADES. PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO WINNERS OF A/OPEN AND B/C EVENTS
Referee: Bob Greenway
Deputy Referee: Andrew Greenway
Entries Close: Thursday 3 May 2012
Prices To Play
Open Grade Events $17.00 per player per event
Other Events (Including A/Open) $15.00 per player per event
A late fee of $10 per player will apply for entry fees not received on time i.e entry closing date. If entry fees are not received prior to the draw you will be excluded from the draw.
The Draw will be available on the BBA Website on Thursday 10 May 2012 (www.brisbanebadminton.org) and www.qba.net.au It will be emailed to those players who provide an email address. For further information email email@example.com or ring 0412671161.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ACCURATELY IN THE TOURNAMENT SOFTWARE.
To enter online please click on the following link http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=E70FFDDE-9774-4BAA-B3D9-DF0379F7F73C
NOTE YOU CAN PLAY A MAXIMUM OF 3 EVENTS ON ANY DAY AND A MAXIMUM OF 5 EVENTS ACROSS THE TWO DAYS.
EVENTS WILL BE COMPLETED ON THE DATE ADVERTISED.
EVENTS TO BE HELD SATURDAY 12st MAY 2012
THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COMBINE EVENTS IF SUFFICIENT ENTRYS ARE NOT RECEIVED.
ENTRY FEES CAN BE PAID VIA PAYPAL OR CAN BE TRANSFERRED INTO THE FOLLOWING ACCOUNT (leaving your name as a reference):
Entry fees can be transferred to the following account (leaving your name as a reference):
Bank: National Australia Bank
Account Name: Brisbane Badminton Association
BSB No: 084034
Account No: 632644007
CONDITIONS OF PLAY
1. The tournament will be conducted in accordance with the Laws of Badminton adopted by the Badminton World Federation and the Queensland Badminton Association.
2. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to amend or add to these conditions as may be necessary and to cancel any event for which there are insufficient entries.
3. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to disqualify from any or all events, any player infringing these Conditions of Play or in any way interfering with the conduct of the Tournament.
4. Players must report to the Tournament Controller at least 15 minutes prior to the indicated starting time of their match and must play as directed or forfeit the match. Players not ready to play 5 minutes after a match has been called will be defaulted.
5. Open Grade singles events will be played as a knockout event. If more than 10 entries (i.e. pairs for doubles events) are received for Singles, Doubles or Mixed in any event (except D Grade) these will also be knockout. Knockout events will be the best of 3 games to 21 using the rally point scoring system. D Grade events will all be conducted as Round Robin events.
6. Plate events will be held for all knockout events. Plate matches will be 1 game to 31 points without setting using the rally point scoring system and will all be knockout.
7. All Round robin events will be 1 game to 31 points without setting using the rally point scoring system.
8. In A/Open Grade, two Open grade players may not play together, in B/C two B Grade players may not play together.
9. Finals will only be conducted where there are 2 or more groups in an event.
10. Tournament Grade shuttles will be used exclusively throughout the Tournament.
11. Players MUST act as umpire or line judge when called upon to do so. Failure to comply with this condition renders the player liable to disqualification.
12. Players must be attired in correct clothing (i.e. clothing made for badminton, tennis or squash). Beach wear, clothing designed and made for other sports is NOT acceptable. Players presenting for play not correctly attired may be disqualified.
13. Tracksuits may be worn during warm up period, but may not be worn during a match.
14. All players must be registered with the Queensland Badminton Association or through another State Association. Proof of registration may be requested.
15. Players may enter their own Grade or higher. Grades are determined by the Queensland Badminton Association or the other Australian state Association. If in doubt, check with your local association. Players can only play in event over 2 grades.
16. Entry Fees are to be lodged with entry form, either online or hardcopy, otherwise the entry will be refused. Telephone entries will not be accepted.
17. If the Tournament is interrupted for any reason (power failure etc.) the Tournament Committee reserves the right to postpone any, or all events until such time or date they consider suitable, or to abandon matches or events.
18. Refunds of entry fees are at the sole discretion of the Tournament Committee. NO refunds will be made after the draw has been published, except where the Tournament or event is abandoned and then, only at the discretion of the Tournament Committee
19. ALL decisions of the Referee (or the responsible official for the time being) are FINAL.
20. Warm up time will be limited to (3) minutes per match.
21. Local conditions: It will be a fault if, in play, the shuttle hits the roof or other part of the hall structure.
22. Players are limited to a Maximum of 5 events and may play no more than 3 events scheduled to be played on the one day.
23. By entering this event, the player hereby agrees and acknowledges that other players, coaches, managers, supporters, spectators, the organisers, administrators and any other person, shall have the right to: photograph and/or record on video all and any games or practice conducted during the course of the event, retain such photographs or video recordings for their own use of whatsoever nature, distribute such photographs or video recordings to any other party, display such photographs or video recordings during the event or any time thereafter, in any form whatsoever (including, but not limited to: promotional displays of the organisers and at any similar event, social network internet sites, the website(s) of the organisers of the event or Queensland Badminton Association PROVIDED THAT no such photographs or video recordings shall be used or retained for any illegal immoral or unseemly use or purpose.
24. Anti-Doping. Information Badminton players in this tournament may be subject to In - Competition drug testing. Badminton players, coaches, officials and administrators of this tournament are subject to the Badminton Australia Anti-Doping Policy which has been endorsed by each State/Territory Association. You can obtain a copy of the policy from the Badminton Australia website – www.badminton.org.au - or by phoning the Badminton Australia Office – 03 9397 4722.
25. Medications. Some medications contain prohibited substances. If a player suffers from a medical condition which can only be treated by medication containing a prohibited or banned substance, they must get approval to use this medication. Please see the Australian Sports Drug Agency website - www.asda.org.au and click on “athlete information” or call the ASDA Hotline - 1800 020 506.